Roses & Thorns

Roses & Thorns

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Opening the Veil by C. L. Clark




Blurb:

When Cassie agrees to go on a date with her gorgeous new neighbor, she doesn’t expect the night to end with a glimpse into eternity. Within twenty-four hours she discovers not only are young women being brutally murdered around her beloved town, but an ancient evil is using her new neighbor like a puppet to do the killing. Knowing the police won’t believe her without solid proof, she makes it her mission to find the evidence they need. Add to that how her cat has started talking to her, plus she’s seeing ghosts who want her help, and it’s no surprise she’s beginning to question her sanity. Will she be able to help the living and the dead and not end up another victim? She’ll need to learn fast if she wants to survive.

Review by Rochelle:

Opening the Veil was a delightful cozy mystery with lots of humor and a talking cat. If you follow my reviews, you know I love cats, and I like to laugh. There was even a red herring that kept me guessing as to how many demons were after Cassie. I hope I’ll get to read Book Two in the series.

Alas, I was only able to give Opening the Veil four roses because like so many independently published books, it would have benefitted from better editing. Still, I’m sure you’ll greatly enjoy this book.

Length: 330 Pages
Prices:
Print:  $12.99
Digital:  $0.99

Thanks for visiting. Julie, Donna, & Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment