Roses & Thorns

Roses & Thorns

Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Saint’s Salvation by Beverly Ovalle




Blurb:

Corporal Nicholas “Saint” Santiago needs to go home to reclaim the man he used to be—the man he was before Operation Enduring Freedom hardened his heart. He needs to reconnect to the values and the reasons he does what he does. Saint also needs to try to forget the courageous woman he knows was meant to be his.

Petty Officer Angelina Jones' life changed the moment Saint saved it. She survived the blast, but now has to deal with the fact she’ll never be whole. Knowing Saint received a “Dear John” letter, Angelina has no intention to be his rebound romance. She needs to be loved for herself. She needs to forget about the one man she knows was meant to be hers.

They each try to find someone to help them forget.

But what does fate have planned for them?

Review:

Okay, prejudice rears its head here again.  I confess, a book about a Marine and the Hospital Corpsman in his unit would have to be pretty bad for me not to like it.  After all, I was a Hospital Corpsman who fell in love with a sailor.  But, Ms. Ovalle not only gave us a pair of courageous service people to admire, a romance to cry over, and a bit of steamy sex to spice up the pages, she did so in a way that grabbed me on the first page and held my attention right through the last tear.  She didn’t even distract me with any glaring grammar errors.

Ms. Ovalle—we apparently don’t live too terribly far apart.  If you ever find yourself at the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago, Illinois next to Great Lakes on a Monday or Thursday, please stop by the My Health eVet kiosk in the pharmacy area and say hi.  That’s where I volunteer twice a week to give back what I can to those who served in combat while I enjoyed my duty in Oakland, California and at Pearl Harbor, Hawai’i.

Length: 61 Pages
Price:  $2.99

You’ll notice I always include the publisher’s buy link.  That’s because authors usually receive 40% of the book price from the publisher.  Editors and cover artists usually receive about 5%.  When you buy a book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or another third-party vendor, they take a hefty cut and the author, editors and cover artists receive their cuts from what is left.  So, if a book costs $5.99 at E-Book Publisher.com and you buy from there, the author will receive about $2.40.  If you buy the book at Amazon, the author will receive about $0.83.

Downloading the file from your computer to your Kindle is as easy as transferring any file from your computer to a USB flash drive.  Plug the USB end of your chord into a USB port on your computer and simply move the file from your “Downloads” box to your Kindle/Documents/Books directory.  I actually download my books using “Save As” to a “Books” file I created on my computer that’s sorted by my publisher, friends, and books “to review,” and then transfer them to my Kindle from there.  That way, if there’s a glitch with my Kindle, the books are on my computer.  Your author will be happy you did when he/she sees his/her royalty statement.

Thanks for visiting. Rose & Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment