Roses & Thorns

Roses & Thorns

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Si-cology 1 by Si Robertson


 
Blurb:


As you read this book, there are a few things you have to understand: 95 percent of my stories are truthful. Every member of the Robertson family has the God-given gift of storytelling. Hey, when you’ve sat in a duck blind for more than half of your life, you have to figure out some way to pass the time! It’s better than looking at Willie and Jase for six hours! Many of the stories I like to tell happened when I was a young boy or when I was in Vietnam. At my age, a few of the details are cloudy, but I’ll recollect the coming stories as best I can. Hey, just remember it isn’t a lie if you think it’s true! It’s up to you, the reader, to figure out what’s truth and what’s fiction. Best of luck with that, Jack! May the force be with you.



Hey, another thing you have to know: my stories are kind of like my vocabulary. You might have noticed I like to say “hey” quite a bit. “Hey” can mean anything. It can mean “yes,” it can mean “maybe,” and it can mean “no.” Hey, it could mean “next week.” The bottom line is, you have to understand “hey” to understand me.



And if you know anything about Silas Merritt Robertson, you know I’m a hard rascal to figure out.



Review by Rose Thornton:



Si-cology 1 by Si Robertson is a fun and easy read. It’s written by an especially animated and creative character about his own existence, ‘based’ on a true story. It reads as an open explanation of his life and persona, with significant exaggeration. “Uncle Si” has strong faith and family values, and definitely knows how to have fun! He’s a ‘man’s man’ in many ways with all the hunting, fishing, and military experiences included, but I found it to be highly entertaining for the most part and I think women will enjoy it too.



Thanks for visiting, Rose, Julie, Donna, & Rochelle




Length: 240 Pages

Prices:

Print: $22.99

Buy Link: